In this short post I want to pose a potentially important question - Was there a "magic circle" outside Scotland?
The "magic circle" was an alleged group of legal figures in Scotland whose alleged actions were highly questionable.
Was there a "magic circle" in the legal profession outside Scotland?
There are allegations that the following legal figures were participant in "improper conduct with children":
- Leon Brittan (former Home Secretary)
- Greville Janner (former Member of Parliament)
- Michael Havers (former Attorney General)
- Thomas Hetherington (former Director of Public Prosecutions)
- A senior member of the judiciary who is still alive
The allegations regarding the member of the judiciary are currently being assessed at Assistant Chief Constable level in the relevant Police force.
Was there a "magic circle" outside Scotland?
I don't know but I know of nothing that leads me to exclude the possibility.