Tuesday 28 October 2014

Acknowledgement from North Yorkshire Police re report regarding former Archbishop of York, David Hope

A few minutes ago I received an acknowledgement from North Yorkshire Police of my letter of 26th October 2014 expressing my suspicion that David Hope, former Archbishop of York may have committed the offence of misconduct in public office with respect to failures to report to the Police child abuse by Robert Waddington.

My letter to David Jones, Chief Constable of North Yorkshire Police is here:
Report to North Yorkshire Police regarding David Michael Hope, former Archbishop of York

The acknowledgement assigned the reference number 1341014 to the matters I raised.

The acknowledgement was not clear whether the foregoing reference number was a Crime Reference Number nor did it indicate what action Chief Constable Jones proposed to take to investigate the matter.

 I hope to post updates in due course when North Yorkshire Police communicate further.

No comments:

Post a Comment